Workshop Diary #002 October 5th of 2021

Hello there everyone and welcome to my second workshop diary. Its been a while, but as I'm sure we're all aware the world is a lot right now. I have a few things that I'd like to cover. What I've been working on. What I will be working on. And what I won't be working on.


What I have been working on.

I have been learning a lot this year working with the vector program Inkscape. I first got it to try out the kind of mapping that Artifexian has tutorials about on YouTube. It is a lot of stuff to learn.


But along the way I started doing art for coloring pages as a way of learning how to use some of the tools. And now I have to say I am pretty hooked. I've already shared some of my vector art on Instagram. I've also found it to be much more versatile for creating calendars.


I'd like to keep creating art with it and I might start sharing more of it here. Especially coloring pages. Those are fun for everyone.


What I will be working on.

I've been itching to get back to sculpting and miniatures and I have two room boxes just waiting to be worked on. I finished the mattress for the free style bedroom that has quickly shaped into a gothic bedroom. And October is the month of all things Halloweeny, so I want to see how much of the gothic bedroom I can finish. I have a mattress so I'll still need a bed to put it on and covers. I also have a cute night stand and some décor. But I need to fill this little space out. I am going to have to spend some time on Pinterest looking for some gothic inspiration and creating a fun board for it.


And if between everything else I have time, I want to continue learning doll sculpting. I started it and then got boggled down with everything else in life. But such is life when you have a habit of starting way too many projects.


What I won't be working on.

Speaking of too many projects. Videos are a lot of work and there is so much to learn. I've learned quite a bit and I've had a lot of fun. But given my equipment, my skill level, and my disabilities I've decided it would be better, for now, if I focused more on my art and writing. I am more confident with writing and I have all the tools I need to do it effectively even with my disabilities. Thank you NVDA and voice typing tools.


I'd love to do more videos in the future, but my art has often been in a stand still because I have been trying to finish videos, before I continued with the art. So I will be doing minimal video stuff if at all.


I may try doing more Twitch streams. It gives me the feeling of doing art with friends and that is always so fulfilling. I swear when this pandemic is finally over I am going to host so many crafting dates.


Of course even with Twitch there is a lot to learn. And living in a house with kids there are rarely times I can record or stream during the day, which is another issue with videos. So I will not be doing any kind of schedule, just sporadically when I feel like it.


And that is a quick run down of some of what I have been up to and what I plan on getting up to. I hope to make a few Halloweeny coloring pages this month to share so look forward to that. And if you have gothic décor suggestions or even Dark Mori Kei please let me know. I'd love to hear them.

Comments