Workshop Diary #004


    This year has been a lot of digital art and video editing. Almost 6 months of two videos a week up on the channel. It was a great opportunity to learn and practice in both of those skills. I’ve been missing sculpting though and miniatures. So the last two weeks have been a lot of that. Finishing out unfinished miniature videos, creating new miniatures, finally sculpting again. It’s been fun. And already I want to create more page borders. Art is delightful and joyous. 


    I’ve been trying to figure out the best way to get black paper that I can use in miniature applications like origami and finally figured out how to get a nice dark color. Dyed my fingers in the process. Gloves next time. 

Small floral plate holding several 1 inch squares of dyed black paper.

    I’ve been making and finishing several pieces for the freestyle bedroom I started. I’m very excited about it and I want to see how much of it I can finish by the end of October. I need to make the bedding to go on that mattress. I think we all have a project or two that we want to do but don’t want to start. It doesn’t help that my sewing machine broke. 


    I have also spent the last few months experimenting and finding tracking and workflow systems that help me. That has been very helpful. Not everything has worked, but that is what experimenting is. 


    I still have the doll clay. And I really would like to spend at least a few afternoons playing with it. Here’s hoping I can make time for that.


Comments