A Yellow Parasol Mushroom

    Yesterday I had a delightful surprise outside my window.  I was working and heard the noise of a truck so I went to see what was happening.  As I looked out the window I spotted a bright yellow mushroom in the yard. 

    I decided to take some pictures and video of the mushroom.  I could not manage to get the soft yellow color to show up, but I got some good pictures otherwise. 

[Image Description] A mostly white, slightly yellow, mushroom with a wide umbrella shaped top sitting among the grass.  Top view.

    I shot a little mini vlog about my surprise.  I also took some time to look up the mushroom.  Leucocoprinus birnbaumii.  The Flowerpot parasol or as my housemate called it the yellow parasol mushroom.  It was a delightful spot in my day as well as in the yard.  If a handful more spring up around it I may create a fairy garden scene with them. 

[Image Description] A mostly white, slightly yellow, mushroom with a wide umbrella shaped top sitting among the grass.  Side view.  The stem appears a much stronger yellow than the top.

    If you are interested here is the little mini vlog.  And I wonder if you have any suggestions for a fairy garden in this setting.  Because creating is magical. 


Comments