Shop Update! Miniature Paintings

    Today I am adding new items to my Etsy shop! 

Fairy Oasis by Lilian

    I have been having so much fun creating miniature watercolor paintings, as well as adding details with ink and acrylic. Who doesn’t like just a touch of sparkle. Especially if it’s stars. 

    I thought I’d give you a look at the pieces I am releasing today and tell you a little bit about them.  

Landscape Inspired by Ghibli 

    I used to draw landscapes all the time when I was younger. This may very well have been my first landscape painting.  I was inspired to do it by the beautiful landscapes in Howl’s Moving Castle. 

    Paint really gives me new ways to illustrate all the crevices and nooks of a mountain. 


I love sunsets

    I asked a friend what to paint next and she suggested using a painting she had as inspiration. It was a gorgeous sunset over the ocean just off the coast of a lush island. 

    I had so much fun with the colors in this one. Trying to create the reflection of those colors in the water. As well as the sun’s reflection being broken up by the waves.  


Moon over Gentle Waters 

    After the sunset over the ocean I wanted to try painting the moon's reflection.  I had far fewer colors to work with, but I had fun playing with the details of the moon's surface. 


Two Abstract Paintings

   
    These two paintings were a fun experiment in simple strokes and limited colors. 

    I really do think the one when in the horizontal position looks like an orange sky filled with clouds illuminated by the setting sun over the open ocean.  However, turn it vertical and it becomes more abstract. I might try this again with different colors.  


Two Hearts

    This paining involved a successful experiment with cutting shapes out of washi tape to create clean edges and a lot of color. I think I got every color of the rainbow in that background. 


Inspired by Tarot cards 

    Tarot cards can have some beautiful imagery. Some can be very detailed while others are much simpler. But either way the symbolism can really pack a punch. I had some delightful ideas about how a moon card could be designed and employed some of that here; incorporating the element of illusions in the design. 


Miniature Watercolor Landscape Painting

    In this piece I asked myself how small I could go? I used to play Dungeons & Dragons as well as other tabletop roleplaying games and I have been enjoying watching D&D terrain builders. So I wondered if I could create a painting on that scale. Generally in D&D one inch represents five feet. So this one inch painting would represent a  landscape painting five feet wide. 

    But I also chose this specific size so it would work on the interior of a D&D room or in a 1:12 scale dollhouse. In a dollhouse it would be a much smaller painting. Only one foot wide. 

    I think this would be a nice addition in either setting. 


    I hope you enjoyed those. I am looking forward to creating more miniature items. Both with clay and with paint. 


Shipping Information 

    All listings are currently only set to ship within the US. 

    However if you contact me about possible shipping to your country I can look into the pricing and other factors. 


Comments