Workshop Diary #003 How Do I Make a Fitted Sheet?

     Lately I’ve been working on a lot of different things, bouncing from one project to another. And today I gave some thought to the gothic bedroom. I have a lot of the pieces for this room part way done, but one of the pieces that needs to be finished to really start bringing it together is the bed. I’ve been holding off because I have to figure out how to do the sheets. Specifically a fitted sheet over the mattress cover. 

    I don’t really want to try messing with elastic at this scale. Plus I don’t have elastic thin enough for that. Thinking about it though, I could employ a drawstring. That would make a removable sheet I could replace. Imagine having different colored bedding for a room. That could be fun. 

    I wasn’t sure how to do the seams at the corners, but now I think it may be easier to just leave the corner fabric in and fold it inward to sew that part closed. Then cut the excess fabric as needed. 

    I can also work on some pillows while I am doing this and those should be easier and less finicky tasks. 

    This should be fun.

Blueprint style plans for a fitted sheet without measurements.


Comments