Learning Rebelle 5 Pro & Color Theory

In October I picked up a paint program that was on sale called Rebelle 5 Pro. I've had some time to play around with it a little bit and I've been following some of the tutorials that Escape Motion has on their YouTube channel. I've also picked up a book from the library on color. I've been having a lot of fun. 


I even made a few art pieces in the process. Most of them are just a way of learning how the tools work, but I'm still very happy with them. I even made a silly piece based off of some comments and jokes in a panel of his watching during CosmoQuest-a-Con.




A textured page with a color wheel painted on it.

I made this color wheel exercise page with Inkscape and then loaded it into Rebelle. It’s nice to be able to use the different programs with each other.  Later in the month I found out I could load some of my vector work as stencils. This is going to make some cool art. 



A simple painting on dark blue paper of sheep floating in space.

Where will future space faring people get their fabrics from? Space sheep! 



Paint splatter and stenciled oak leaves in autumnal colors on a transparent background.

Remember the stencils? I made sis to go behind my datebook week pages. It worked out well and made the pages very nice to look at.



Artists interpretation of a sunset sky, but in rainbow hues.
In this piece I learned how to use the blending tool and I really got into it. I had a lot of fun making the different clouds and blending in their shadows and highlights from the colors around them. It's been some time since I made this one but I'm still really really happy with it.

Have you been making any art? Have you been learning any new skills? Tell me about it. 



Comments